As a first-time author you may be feeling overwhelmed about all of the decisions involved in self publishing your book. Lots of questions can crop up which you may struggle to find answers for …
- What is the most appropriate trim size for your book?
- What book admin steps (including ISBNs, legal deposit etc) should you be aware of as a self-publishing author?
- Which formats (local digitally printed books, offshore printing, Print on Demand, ebook or audiobook) are the best options for publishing your book?
- What type of paper stock or laminate finish should you choose for your printed book?
- Do you intend your book to only be available for family and friends? Or do you want to distribute it for online sales via Amazon KDP, Draft2Digital or IngramSpark?
Personalised Publishing Consultations
The book publishing industry has undergone major changes recently which, in turn, has meant that it has become an increasingly complex world for authors to navigate. While you can learn a lot about it what’s involved in publishing your book from free online resources, it’s quite likely that at some point this won’t be enough. Inevitably, you’ll probably come up against some issue you can’t find reliable answer for and so you hit a roadblock with your book. This is where our author consultation sessions can help you. We have guided many authors through all the steps of the book-publishing process. No matter what stage you are currently at with your book publishing journey, we can offer you personalised answers and advice so that you can successfully reach the finish line – getting your book out into the world.
One-off Author Consultation Sessions
During our personalised author consultation sessions we provide an introductory overview of every stage involved in the book publishing process. In addition, we can answer any specific questions you have in relation to your writing project. We will also show you a range of printed books we’ve helped previous clients to produce so you’ll have a better understanding of the publication process and be able to envision your own published book.
Author self-publishing consultations are held with Kirsty Ogden – self-publishing coach and business owner of Brisbane Self Publishing Service. These sessions are conducted either via phone, Zoom online meeting or in-person (Brisbane-based authors only) and are available Monday to Friday only.
- Our fee for phone or Zoom self-publishing consultations is $59 and each session runs for 30–45 minutes.
- Our fee for in-person (face-to-face) self-publishing consultations is $149 and each session runs for 60–75 minutes.
NOTE: The fee for either phone/Zoom or in-person author consultations must be paid in advance to secure your booking.
Self-Publishing Consultation Packages
In addition to our one-off introductory author consultation sessions, we also offer self-publishing consultation packages. Our prepurchased consultation packages can be tailored to your specific requirements and comprise either a 120 minute consultation package (fee is $200) or a packaged consultation block of 180–200 minutes (fee is $350). During these phone or Zoom consultations, we can discuss any publishing-related topic you want to in as much detail as necessary in order to achieve your publication goals.
Book your personalised author consultation
Keen to find out what’s involved in self publishing your book? Please get in touch so we can schedule a one-off author consultation or explain our self-publishing consultation packages in more detail.