As a first-time author you may be feeling overwhelmed about all of the decisions involved in self publishing your book. Lots of questions can crop up which you may struggle to find answers for …
- Should my book manuscript be reviewed by an editor and what is the difference between editing and proofreading?
- What is the most appropriate trim size for your printed book?
- What book admin steps (including ISBNs, legal deposit etc) should you be aware of as a self-publishing author?
- Which formats (i.e. locally printed books, offshore printing for large-scale print runs, Print on Demand, ebook or audiobook) are the best options for distributing your published book?
- What type of paper stock or laminate finish should you choose for your printed book?
- Do you intend your book to only be read by family and friends? Or do you want to make it available online for Print on Demand and/or ebook sales via Amazon KDP, Draft2Digital or IngramSpark?
Personalised advice for your self-publishing questions
The book publishing industry has undergone major changes over the past few decades. This, in turn, has meant that it has become an increasingly complex world for authors (particularly first-time authors) to navigate. While you can learn a lot about what’s involved in self-publishing your book from free online resources, it’s quite likely that eventually this won’t be enough for you to work out the best way forward. Inevitably, you’ll probably come up against some issue you can’t find reliable answer for. At that point, it’s likely that you’ll hit a roadblock with your book project.
This is where our author consultation sessions can help you. We have guided many authors through all the associated steps in publishing their book.
No matter what stage you are currently at in your book publishing journey, we can offer you personalised answers and advice so that you’ll be able to successfully reach the finish line – launching your book out into the world.
Author Publishing Consultations – Phone/Zoom or in-person sessions
During our personalised author consultations, we provide an overview of all the stages involved in the book publishing process. In addition, we can answer any specific questions you have about your writing project.
In the case of in-person consultations – we showcase a range of printed books we’ve helped previous clients to produce so you’ll have a better understanding of the publication process and be able to envision your own published book.
Author self-publishing consultations are held with Kirsty Ogden – self-publishing coach and business owner of Brisbane Self Publishing Service. These sessions are conducted either via phone, Zoom online meeting or in-person (Brisbane-based authors only) and are available Monday to Friday only.
- Fee for phone or Zoom self-publishing consultations (30–45 min session) – $47
- Fee for in-person (face-to-face) self-publishing consultations (60–75 min session) – $129
NOTE: The fee for either phone/Zoom or in-person author consultations must be paid in advance to secure your booking.
Need some professional publishing advice?
Keen to find out what’s involved in self publishing your book?
Click on the blue button below to schedule a Phone/Zoom meeting or in-person consultation session.