ServicesProfessional advice and support for self publishing authors
At Brisbane Self Publishing Service we work in partnership with you – guiding you through all of the self-publishing stages involved in transforming your Word document into a published book.
Establish your publication goals for your self published book
Before embarking on your self publishing journey, you need to make some important decisions about your publication goals for your book. These include such considerations as:
- Do you want your manuscript published as a printed book, Print on Demand (POD), an ebook, an audiobook or in all formats?
- If you are publishing a printed book, will it be a hardback or paperback book?
- What is the overall word count of your manuscript: short (less than 35,000 words); medium (between 35,000 and 100,000 words); or long (more than 100,000 words)?
- Will your book incorporate a simple text interior layout or a combination of text and images? Full colour throughout or a colour cover and black and white interior pages?
- Does your book require additional graphics/artwork to illustrate your story or explain your concepts?
- What style of cover design (i.e. text-based only, photographic or original artwork/illustration) do you want for your book?
At Brisbane Self Publishing Service we encourage you to consider your motivations for self publishing so you can make an informed decision about the optimal format and print quantities for your book. Of course, all of these factors have to be balanced against your available budget to ensure that your final book is published to the highest possible standard you can afford.
Our professional book production services
Our professional self-publishing services include:
- manuscript appraisal
- writing coaching
- structural and copy editing
- interior page layout design/typesetting
- book cover design
- ebook conversion and distribution
- print management (short-run digital printing or preparation for print-on-demand (POD) printing via Amazon Createspace)
- book marketing advice/mentoring
- audiobook production and distribution
In addition, we offer 45–90-minute in-depth publishing consultation sessions (in-person if you are Brisbane-based or, alternatively, via Zoom or phone). During these sessions, we provide a comprehensive overview of all of the steps associated with transforming your Word manuscript into a published book, as well as answering any specific questions you may have about the self-publishing process. Get in touch to find out about booking a publishing consultation.
Keen to start your self publishing journey?
If you’d like to find out more about your self publishing options, please get in touch. We welcome the opportunity to have a chat with you about your book manuscript. Our initial free phone consultation is often the easiest way to get a feel for what your book publishing requirements are and whether we’re a good match for each other. We’re always happy to provide preliminary advice on our professional editing and design services, and how we can help you to publish a top-quality book.